Monday 9 March 2015

Assessed Activity 2.2 (2015) Technologies [Non-Reference Piece]

Most Memorable Technology from AA2.1:
I personally enjoyed Inquiry-based learning the most. While it was pretty hit-or-miss in terms of actually helping with education in general, when combined with subjects I actually liked (Arts, earlier NCEA English, and Biology, for example) it was efficient and encouraged by my subject interest.

One example of tech as a barrier:
Technology was a barrier to my learning in highschool because I couldn't afford the internet. As simple as that. The Curriculum for my later-year English classes, Religious Studies, and even Phys Ed. were written assuming I would have internet access and be able to look up a large amount of information. Keep in mind, I was unable to sneak off to the library and use the computers there because the internet filter required a time-locked generated key the teachers had to request to get anything, even the Google frontpage. This resulted not only in my learning being obstructed, but my even receiving detentions because of my inability to do the schoolwork I was assigned.

No comments:

Post a Comment